Rick and I returned from our Cancun vacation tanned and relaxed. We had a great time, but didn’t do much other than lay on the beach or near the pool, ordering drinks from bars that never went dry. Temptations is an all-inclusive resort, meaning your room, food and drinks are included in the price. Drinking generally started around 9 am and continued throughout the day into the night and often into the wee hours of the next morning. During the day there were lots of party and drinking games played, and when night fell, there were…more party and drinking games until the DJ fired up turntables.
As with any vacation destination, there are some pros and cons. What was great about Tempations?
- It’s a reasonably priced vacation. The room, food and drinks are included in the price you pay up front. If you like to buy drinks while on vacation, your bar tab can escalate quickly. But with an all-inclusive vacation, it’s all you can eat AND drink.
- It’s right on the beach. Temptations is a beautiful resort located on an absolutely beautiful beach with sand like sugar and crystal-clear water as blue as Brad Pitt’s eyes. If you’re into that sort of thing. LOL
- It’s an adult-only resort, and all activities are themed as such. There are lots of topless women on the beach and at the pool (guilty as charged). The sexually-charged atmosphere can make for an erotic, decadent adventure. The adult-themed parties at night only add to the excitement.
- The Sensual Couples Experience made this whole vacation worth it. It’s the best $180 you’ll ever spend, and worthy of its own blog post. Stay tuned.
I would tweak it ever so slightly, though:
- It’s NOT a swinger’s resort. So, if you want to swing, you have to really work at meeting other couples who are interested. Before we arrived we joined an online group called Cancun Swingers and got these special little bracelets and t-shirts to discreetly identify ourselves, but alas, we didn’t see anyone else wearing any of these items during the time we were there. We met some really cool people who are into the lifestyle, but we didn’t play with them for various reasons. We also met people who weren’t in the lifestyle but curious about it and asked many questions.
- All-inclusive food and drink can mean mediocre food and drink. Most of the food was ok, and most of the drinks were ok, but I had a hard time finding something good to drink for the first day or so. I tried a margarita, but it was too sweet, so I switched to house wine which tasted like sewer water. I finally settled for Dos Equis beer. I think I drink a tanker truck full of the stuff. Which now makes me the most interesting woman in the world.
As I said, we relaxed, soaked up some sun and enjoyed spending time focusing on each other, and as you can see above, I came home with an awesome souvenir!
Have you been on an “adult” vacation? Where did you go?